A. There is a CASTEP email list which anyone can join and ask questions. Please bear in mind that this is an academic discussion list and nobody is obliged to answer.
A. Before posting, please consider that your email will end up in the mailboxes of hundreds of people. Probably none of them know your project or what you are trying to accomplish with your calculation. Some are quite senior people and developers of the code. And the most knowlegable and senior people are also the busiest.
There are many reasons why you may not receive an answer to a question posted to the list. Some of them are:
- Perhaps nobody understood your question.
- More information would be needed to answer your question. For example "why did my calculation stop prematurely?" can not be answered without error messages and/or log files.
- Your question is too vague or general and would require a long discursive answer. Specific and precise questions are more likely to receive an answer.
- Your question has already been answered in this FAQ or in the archives of the mailing list.
- You asked a question, accompanied by .cell and .param input files which would require re-running your calculation to answer. This is too much to ask, and you should provide .castep output as well.